Too many thoughts. Not enough fingers to type them. Well technically since I am actually a two finger typist I could work on 5ish at a time, but you know what I mean. I dared to take a week away from my new and quickly strengthening addiction (blogging!) and upon return I am already on the verge of overwhelmance!
One of the beauties of being a creative writer with little respect for arbitrary rules is that you can create your own words.
So since I can’t seem to focus on one topic I will simply start and see where I end up.
First thought … the coveted (?) Memestatic … er … um … Mesmetatic … no that’s not it … hmmmm … oh yeah Memetastic Award!!! I Have been awardified (sorry) this award not once, but indeed TWICE! Of course both times it was by the same person, who happens to also be my sister. I leave you to your own thoughts on that. But alas said award comes with a price. I was too chicken to pay the price before, but have been shamed into it. Well not really. Basically I am just now getting around to it.
“So what is the price already?” you are no doubt not even considering asking since most of my readers at this point have probably encountered it before. The rules:
1. You must proudly display the graphic of the Memetastic Award! All gag reflexes must be put aside. All concern for the use of only high quality images must be laid to rest. You must embrace the rainbows, balloons and true
hideousness wonder of the Memetastic Plaque.
2. You must lie! Yes, lie. You must list five things about yourself, four of which must be complete lies.
3. You must Pass On this award to fellow bloggers.
Well I went and did the first one before I even memba’d what the rules were! Good for me! Number 2 is a challenge, but one I am prepared to take, simply because I want to see what I can come up with and if it is at all convincing. Oddly number 3 may be the toughest one for me, because how can I just pick 5, especially when most of the blogs I currently read have already received the honor. Maybe I will conveniently forget about it by the time I write my four and one.
- For about 18 years I did ten to twelve day canoe / camping trips all over the north-east. On one of these trips, we encountered an old grave stone plop in the middle of the woods, very near where we were about to set up camp. The writing on it was unreadable. The guys I was sharing a tent with and I decided to embrace the spookiness of it and set up our tent right by the stone. In the middle of the night the three of us were awakened at the same time with the echoes of a scream in our ears. We ran outside the tent to see what was going on and heard hysterical laughter, but could find no one near. The next morning nobody else in camp had any idea what we were talking about.
- I used to work as a travel agent. This allowed some interesting trips. I went on a trip to China with one of our tour groups. While there I was offered two woman’s hands in marriage … simply because I was a single male American.
- In another one of my man outdoor excursions, I went on a spelunking (caving for those of you saying “Huh?”) trip in Indiana. One of the caves we went into required free rappelling (basically climbing down a rope) about 70 feet, then crawling though a tunnel and going down another 20 feet. We spent several hours there. When returning, I had cramps due to dehydration and was unable to climb back out. We ended up being in the cave for about 12 hours before my companions managed to haul me out.
- I was a heavy partier when I was younger. I went to a party in a friend’s house outside Boston and we indulged heavily. I am not completely clear on everything that happened, but when I woke up I was in a house somewhere in Connecticut, a good two hours away from where I started. Was fun getting home from that!
- When I was in college I had a tough time deciding what degree I wanted, because I had so many interests. I declared for three different degrees before I finally barely graduated with a degree in Physics.
Wow. That was tougher than I thought! Even the truth! I am actually sweating!
Sadly I still memba number 3, but I am going to be the rebel! I will do it the American way and allow others to buy the rights to this wondrous award off me. Don’t worry, I come cheap. Maybe I will post an ad in Craig’s List.
- Friday is Memetastic! (breaaire.wordpress.com)
- Memetastic Award (gabrielletheauthoress.wordpress.com)
- Plastic Fantastic Memetastic (doingthewritething.wordpress.com)
- memetastic award: the big reveal (phylor.wordpress.com)
- Who Me? (thypolarlife.wordpress.com)
- And the Meme Goes to . . . (lisawieldswords.wordpress.com/)
- Memetastic Blog Award (dogkisses.wordpress.com)
- The MeMeTastic Award (hibernationnow.wordpress.com)
- AngelSpeak Nominated for the Memetastic Award (gabrielscala.wordpress.com)