So rumor has it today ends something and tomorrow starts something new.
What does January 1st start anyway, other that an arbitrary calendar? I mean some dude with a god complex and the money and political clout to back it says: “Name a month after me, and make it the first one!” and suddenly we all think a day plop in the middle of winter means something! Frankly I am surprised we are not celebrating Bush 1st as the New Year these days!
That said, I will be the good boy, stop my whining and pretend it actually means something.
My year in review:
- Nothing much happened.
- A little more of nothing.
- Wrote some decent blog posts.
- Continued to not earn an income.
- Started a book and began working on one previously started.
- Got an iPhone.
- Met some amazing people.
- Didn’t have a heart attack.
- Left my house once or twice.
- More nothing.
- Learned a lot about my self.
- More decent blog posts.
- Some more nothing.
All in all a very good year!
Seriously while I can not specifically point out highlights of my year, it has more to do with how I think than that they did not exist. I am a very now focused person, so the past quickly becomes out of mind for me. That does not mean I do not remember things, just that they stay foggy unless specifically needed. I can easier display what I have gained from the year by what I have learned (or relearned):
- Live my life (The Vow)!
That kind of sums it up actually!
Now on to the Resolution thang. Basically I have only ever kept one New Year’s Resolution: the one that said I would never make another New Year’s Resolution. But I do have some expectations:
- The world will NOT end. My take (from a recent status I posted on FB): You know why the world is not going to end in the near future? Because humanity hasn’t gotten a clue yet. The moment everyone finally gets it … that is when the world will end.
- I will finish two books and maybe even publish them.
- I will do some travelling that I really want to do.
- I will live today as if it were my FIRST (more on that in a future blog post).
- I will once again make my mark on the world.
Since to me January 1st really is just another day, I will wish everyone a